Ed Walicki's - Mastering the Basics
Mastering the Basics - Fin Carving Complete -
10 Hour DVD Course - $79.00
(carving progression stick available soon
at additional cost)
Here it is...everything you ever wanted to know
about carving fins for ALL species of fish. Information
never before seen in any fish carving video or book on the market today!
Some methods have never even been covered in my classes....I was
saving them for my own work- till now. Every trick I use to pull
off realistic fins for both wood and urethane carvings are covered in
detail. I filmed this course with two cameras and a split screen.
So you can watch me carve from the front as I explain things of
importance then watch me execute steps in my fin carving processes from
my view. Years of teaching classes has helped me refine the fin
carving process into a step by step process ensuring your success and
providing repeatability over and over again for all types of fish fins.
I cover in great detail carving all types of fish fins for freshwater
and saltwater fish. There isn't a fish alive you will have trouble
carving fins for after practicing the techniques I demonstrate in this
course. Guaranteed! I
rolled it all out on the table for this project. No exceptions.
- Carving flexible wood fins that are
difficult to break.
- Fin wood
- Best layout for carving fins
- Best carving burrs for carving, detailing
and sanding fins
- Practice fins
- My new never before seen method for setting fins seamlessly using shrink wrap and a heat gun.
Works excellent for those times when painting the fins separately
and inserting post paint works best. You end up with an
invisible seam and a PERFECT fit second to none. A must see
process to believe. I cover every step of the way in this
course. Its how I set all fins in my wood carvings now.
- Ultra- realistic transparent spiny rayed
fins using hawthorns and tissue paper
- Carving fin animation
- Fin animation considerations
- Two Part Urethane Use for setting fins and
- Sealing fins
- De-fuzzing Fins
- Exotic reef fish fins
- Fin operation
- Fin positioning
- Fin positioning with respect to overall
- Soft ray fins
- Step by step process for carving caudal
- Step by step process for carving anal fins
- Step by step process for carving dorsal
- Step by step process for carving pectoral
- Step by step process for carving pelvic
- Fin Study
- Rules of animation
- Fin Fitting
- My easy custom fit seamless fin sockets
that allow you to install the fins after the carving is painted with
NO visible seam what so ever. And no carving involved.
- Fin inserts from A-Z
- When you can do an insert and when you
should avoid them
- Metal fin inserts
- Metal fin supports
- Rock solid fish mounts using a steel fin
ray replacement. A true hidden mount that give the fish
carving a floating over the habitat look.
- Spiny pelvic fins
- Warmwater Fish Fin Sets
- Coldwater Fin Sets
- Raised ray tissue fins for saltwater reef
fish and baitfish.
- Urethane fin inserts
- And much much more on the subject of fins and tricks to
Return to DVD Courses Home Page